Thursday 13 November 2008

Why......

Do some people feel the need to
1 be rude to/about others and
2 form such quick and nasty opinions??

Things with me are still rubbish, I feel a little better about things than I did yesterday but not much. I made an effort with my clothing, hair and make up today so that is a start. But I am not really in the mood to be ultra cheerful (verging on over the top) or to convince people that they look great in that top/dress/coat (when they know that they do anyway). I am still greeting every person that enter my shop and offering help.

Why then did a nasty little (older) woman feel the need to discuss me, my outfit and my "bad attitude" (her words) at the top of her voice in my shop when I was standing right there. There was just no need. Add to this tears over my ruined lunch!

I went for ease (some would say laziness) this morning and threw some instant noodles into my work bag. So, at around 1.15pm after a very quiet morning I decided to boil the kettle and get my noodles going! I had just given them a stir at the half way to ready point when a customer walks in......
Now this is good news, but she wanted suggestions on what I had that would suit her, she wanted me to hand select items for her to try on and she wanted lots of options. I gave myself a shake and got right into (even feeling a little better for doing so) she took 2 items thanked me so much for all of my help and said that she was going to tell everyone about my fab service.

As this customer was leaving another entered she had a slow browse and left. I picked up my noodles took a mouthful and began to cry! They were cold slimy and disgusting!

I am now going to give myself another shake and get on with my preparations for my window display.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you feel so low. I really hope things pick up for you.

SHOEGAL said...

I hope things get better soon too. Hang in there, keep smiling and know we are all rooting for you. Some people are just born rude and there is nothing you can do about that. I'm sure you look fab in whatever you're wearing today, you always do.

Boutique Girl said...

Thank you. It is not like me to get so down, but I hate being out of control of my plans. I do not like being scared everytime the phone rings!