Tuesday 9 December 2008

Feeling very positive.

I am feeling great today, the shop has had a steady stream of customers in all morning and my little till has been ringing nicely. I slept really well last night and I think this helps.
While we were away my bf and I made a decision to be more active, eat healthier, lose some weight and try and not put things off.

Last night we met at home at 5.45pm and went to our local swimming pool for some exercise. We swam for 30 minutes then headed home to have dinner (the left over lamb - which was just as good on the second day). After dinner my bf washed up the dishes while I made a big pot of weight watchers tomato, red pepper and rice soup for us to take for our lunches this week. I also made a pot of chilli for us to have for dinner tonight (we will be in and out at different times so this was the easiest thing to make).

We then sorted out some washing between us and then settled down to watch some TV. It was such a nice feeling to have achieved so much in such a short time. It was also nice to have a simple lunch to prepare this morning - I even washed up the breakfast dishes before heading to work!

I have just eaten lunch and the soup was very tasty and warming (very needed today). This evening after all the running around is done we are going to head out for a 30 minute walk. I really hope that we do manage to keep all this good healthy behaviour up!!

1 comment:

Ally said...

I had a "come to Jesus" talk with my doctor, so I'm eating healthier too now. I'm doing a combination of South Beach and Weight Watchers.

I've done WW before but fell off teh wagon :( Do you have a link or recipe for that soup? It sounds delicious!