Friday 1 May 2009

Review - Clinique Face Cream SPF40


Before heading on holiday this year I decided that the time has come (at nearly 28 years old) to really honestly look after my face in the sun!
I was not really sure where to start as I have sensitive and dry skin on my face and I suffer from stress Eczema.

I started having a look online at various cosmetic companies and what they offered in their Sun care ranges. I kept being drawn to Clarins (I have no idea why) but I have never used their products and could not get to my local stockist to test some thing out. In the end I decided to go with a range that I know to be suited to my skin - Clinique.

Over the years I have used Clinique a LOT. I love the mascara, the Sparkle Skin Exfoliator, 7 Day Scrub and Take the Day off eye make up remover. I used the 3 step programme exclusively about 8 years ago.

The SPF40 Face Cream is priced at £13.21 for 50ml - a price that I thought to be reasonable for such a well known brand.

This is what Clinique say about this product:

Face Cream SPF40

Innovative SolarSmart™ technology stabilizes high-level protection against the aging and burning effects of UVA and UVB rays. Adds a barrier repair and solar-activated antioxidants to help prevent signs of aging. Dermatologist tested. Oil free. Water and sweat-resistant. Appropriate for sensitive skins.

I found the product to be excellent value for money, my partner and I were both using it throughout our 8 day break and there is still about one third of the product left.
It was perfumed but no overly or offensively so.
The consistency was the thing that I liked most about this - it was like a moisturising lotion not a traditional sunscreen. It was light, it absorbed well and quickly, a pea sized amount covered my entire face. I was not left with the tacky feeling that sunscreen can leave.

But above all it gave an excellent level of sun protection. I did not get my usual pink nose, or burnt area around my hairline - but I do (I think) have a lovely sun kissed glow!

I liked this product so much that I will be looking into buying the SPF products for the body from Clinique for future trips to sunny places!

No comments: