Tuesday 3 June 2008

MAC Blushcreme.

I have been using the MAC Blushcreme for about one year now, but I have only been using the product daily for 9 months. I originally started using the shade named "Cherry", this was, and still is, great for giving a lovely pink colour to the cheek for when the skin is paler.
However, we have been having better weather lately (and I have been making the most of it when I can) and my skin tone has changed and I feel that the pink colour of "Cherry" is no longer right for me.

I took myself along to my nearest MAC counter and had a look at the other shades available. After trying one or two on my cheek I decided that "Pleasureful" is the best shade for me during the summer months.

"Cherry" is a deep pink, heading towards pale red, whereas "Pleasureful" is a peach tone.
The product being a creme blush, I feel, is the easiest to use and get the desired effect. I always feel that powder products just add to my dry skin.

I apply Blushcreme after my foundation using my finger. I massage it into the cheekbone area in an upwards circular motion. The product blends so well that I always feel that I am able to wear bronze powder or highlighter over the top.

Blushcreme is available online and from MAC outlets (usually found in the bigger department stores). The product is on sale for £14.00 for 6g and is available in 12 shades.

The MAC website says:

Luxuriously soft and creamy, this new cream blush tenderly flushes the cheeks or brings them into full-blown rosy bloom. Blends well; layers exquisitely. Gives a vibrant, dewy fresh, slightly shiny look to the cheeks. Apply with a brush or fingers.

No comments: