Monday 17 March 2008

Charity.

As I have mentioned a million times before my shop is really new (6 months old) and I have not done a lot in the way of advertising.
I was approached recently about taking part in a charity fashion show that a local school are organising, the proceeds are all going to Malcolm Sargent a children's Charity.

I decided to go for it for two reasons. The first being, it is a great cause and the money made locally stays in the local area! The second is, as a supporter of the event I get my shops name on all programmes, fliers, goody bags, posters etc,etc. Therefore, it is free advertising for me.
I am really looking forward to the event.

Last week I was approached again by another charity. This time I was asked to either sponsor a table for a charity dinner, or donate a prize for the raffle or auction. I have done the latter as this way the winner has to come into my shop to collect or spend their prize. Again, I get mentioned on all advertising, programmes etc, etc.

I feel that this may be a better way for me to get my business known in other areas. The costs to me are not as great as newspaper advertising and I am helping to give to charity!

No comments: