Thursday 13 March 2008

The size issues!




I wear a UK size 12, I have done now for about 4 years, my weight goes up and down a bit but I never really move far away from this size. When shopping for new clothes I only ever try on a size 12. If I really like something and I have to go up a size then I will, but usually find that the item will fit badly somewhere or another! I thought this was the normal attitude to shopping, but I have really had my eyes opened in the last 6 months.

I have two customers who come to my shop on a semi regular basis. One is a size 12 and the other is a size 14-16. The are very different customers, but the one thing that they have in common is their attitude to shopping. They both, always, start by trying on two sizes smaller than they wear???

This, to me, is bizarre! It must surely make them feel bad to try two other sizes before one fits. I personally get great satisfaction from trying on an item and it fits perfectly. I think I would no matter the size!

I think it all comes down to the fact that, generally, as women we would almost always like to be smaller than we actually are.......

No comments: