Friday 12 September 2008

Friday.



My feet were a little sore last night after walking, to and from work and then to meet my friend, in my boots - my feet are too used to flats! So, I planned my outfit around flat shoes and my new scarf!

Today's outfit is:

Skinny Jeans - Vila
Black V-neck t-shirt - H&M
Black half sleeved cardigan - Vila
Multi colour scarf - Coach (gift from Mum & Dad)
Red ballet flats - Tod's

My parents brought me this beautiful Coach scarf (along with a lovely cream leather coin purse) home from Orlando (I am a very lucky girl). My mum knows how much I love everything about Coach. For me it is not a label thing, I love how well made the products are and classic they look, and a Coach bag signifies a point of change in my life.

My love affair with Coach started nearly 4 years ago, I was going through a very difficult time in my life (and had been for a few months) and I was on holiday with my parents in Orlando (they had kindly paid part of the ticket to help me get away). In the run up to the holiday I worked 4 jobs (1 full-time and 3 part-time) just to get by, and every spare penny I saved for my week away.

The exchange rate was great and my money went far and lots of shopping was done. Half way through the holiday I came across Coach (outlet store) I was in there for hours, looking, feeling, trying over my shoulder - but I left feeling that it was just too much to spend on a bag or wallet. Anyway I went on and on about the bag that I loved and we went back another couple of times, to look at it. On our final night (I still had a little money) we went back and my mum talked me into buying the bag (small black shoulder bag with white stitching). I would use it on the rare occasion that I was going out somewhere nice.

The first Coach bag signifies my life changing for the better, I met my bf soon after my trip and used the bag on our first date! Four months after the trip, I was only working 2 jobs and by one year later it was only 1.

Since then I have added to my collection and still love the products and the stores. I still very much see the goods as a lovely treat. Last year my bf bought me a larger shoulder bag and this year I HOPE to get myself a leather organiser.

A closer look at my latest Coach item.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Coach! I have a bunch of purses, wallets, scarves and shoes. I just recently bought a Coach Notepad Portfolio as a little congratulations to myself present for getting a new job. I am glad to read your life has taken a turn for the better. Your scarf is so cute!

Jane said...

I have never heard of Coach but I love the scarf and the beutiful story.
Have you read "My Mother's Wedding Dress" by Justine Picardie?

Boutique Girl said...

Thank you!

No I have not read that book, I will have to look out for it now!

SHOEGAL said...

Great scarf! I don't know much about Coach but I did think of Kimberly as I was reading!